Rapid changes and movements in today’s market conditions increase the demand and expectation for engineering materials. Trial and error studies in the test environment prevent companies from developing high-performance materials quickly enough to meet demand, both in terms of cost and short project times. The Computational Materials Engineering® approach closes this gap and emerges as a proven methodology for developing new high-performance materials and optimizing existing materials faster and at a lower cost than a conventional trial and error or experimental approach.
ONATUS Vision Technologies, using Computational Material Engineering numerical modelling software, in line with the basic needs and future targets of industry, produces concentrated projects for the metal material manufacturers and customers in the field of defence & automotive. In addition, ONATUS establishes the software infrastructure of these companies and develops solution proposals within the scope of consultancy.
ONATUS provides solutions to all skilled steel producers in Turkey such as Erdemir, İsdemir, Çolakoğlu, Çemtaş, Asil Çelik.
Onatus is intensively involved in the manufacturing and design of many metals, such as titanium, aluminium, magnesium, nickel-based superalloys, which are planned to be commissioned for defence industry projects. Thermo-Calc
In the last 30 years, Thermo-Calc has been the most powerful software package in the world for thermodynamic calculations. Thermo-Calc is used extensively in the following process calculations:
For Detailed Information Dictra
- Stable and metastable phase calculations
- Size of phases and percentage distribution of elements
- Thermochemical calculations, eg enthalpy heat capacity and activation energy
- Transformation temperatures such as liquid and solidus
- Main process parameters affecting phase transformations
- Creating single, double, triple and multi-phase diagrams
- Solidification calculations according to Scheil-Gulliver model
- Calculation of thermodynamic properties of chemical reactions
DICTRA is a software solution developed by Thermo-Calc for precise diffusion controlled calculations of multi-component alloys. DICTRA calculations are based on numerical analysis of the diffusion equations of alloys. Some basic calculations that can be made with the help of DICTRA are as follows:
For Detailed Information TC Prisma
- Microsegragations during solidification
- Homogenization of alloys
- Growth / dissolution reactions: carbides, nitrides and intermetallic phases
- Precipitation phase formations
- Interdiffusion calculations, eg in coating systems
- Austenite-ferrite conversion in steels
- Carburizing, nitriding and carbonitrating reactions of alloys and steels at high emperatures
- Thermo-dynamic reactions occurring in subsequent welding and heat treatment
- Sintering reactions of cemented carbides
TC-PRISMA is a software solution developed by Thermo-Calc. Using the Langer-Schwartz theory and Kampmann-Wagner numerical modelling approaches, it analyses the nucleation, grain growth, dissolution and grain size behaviours of multi-component and multi-phase structures under user-specified heat treatment conditions.
TC-PRISMA significantly enhances its current analysis and modeling capabilities when used with Thermo-Calc and DICTRA software solutions, also developed by Thermo-Calc.
It is possible to perform the following analysis and simulation studies using TC-PRISMA:
For Detailed Information Thercast NxT
- Simultaneous grain formation, grain growth / dissolution and precipitation coarseness calculations
- Temperature dependent particle distribution in the analyzed system
- Average particle radius and number density
- Volume ratio and particle composition
- Nucleation and coarseness rates
- Time – Temperature – Precipitation (TTP) diagrams
- Interfacial energy of multi-component structures
Thercast is a simulation software solution which makes it possible to determine the possible casting defects before the realization by creating numerical models of ingot, continuous casting and die casting methods in computer environment used in the production of metallic materials. Most of the metallic material manufacturers in the world and in our country use Thercast software to predict the capillary cracks, bleedings, segregations, casting cavities that may occur during the processes.
With its user-friendly interface and Forge NxT software integration, Thercast offers its users integrated simulation. It makes it possible to develop more realistic and accurate approaches by linking rolling and forging processes after casting processes. In other words, if the process is carried out by means of rolling or forging, the data can be exchanged between these two processes and rapid and practical solutions can be developed.For Detailed Information DigitalClone Modeling
DigitalClone is an advanced digital twin solution that uses physics-based models to predict the remaining life of critical systems and components.
This physics-based simulation suite has been well demonstrated in different AM platforms (i.e. powder bed fusion and direct energy deposition) and several alloys systems that our customers have been interested in. Those materials include Inconel 625, Inconel 718, 17-4 PH, 15-5 PH stainless steel, Ti64, and AlSi10Mg alloy. Additionally, the simulation suite can be applied to any new alloy with minimum calibration needed.DigitalClone for Additive Manufacturing: For Further Information DigitalClone for Engineering: For Further Information